Friday 13 January 2012

More nice weather please!

What a difference a day makes! Yesterday; grey and cloudy. Today; golden (and warm) sunshine.  Good job I chose to go on a shoot instead of go for a surf.

I purposefully arrived at Bissoe while it was still dark so I could set up and be ready for when the wildlife arrived.  Unfortunately it didn't.  Well, the wildlife I was expecting didn't and wildlife I wasn't expecting did.  At about 8am I saw a fox staring at me.  Needless to say it ran off quickly but it gives me hope of getting shots of a new species.  Later I scared a Dunlin away.  It ended up being a very productive 6 hour shoot.


I tried focus-stacking the Wrinkled Club specimens again with much better light conditions this time.  It is made up of 15 photographs. I got down to ground level so the background would become blurred as it was too far from the point of focus.  As I didn't have access to a suitable macro lens, I used a 70-200mm with extension tubes to get close enough to fill the frame with the fungi, which incidentally is only about 3-4cm tall.



As I was walking round the reserve during sunrise looking for things to photograph I passed one of the reed beds.  It was quite a misty morning and when the sun came out, behind the reeds, it lit them beautifully, highlighting the dew on the branches behind them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment