Tuesday 17 January 2012

Red Dawn

I got up before well before sunrise again, ready to sit and wait for the fox to appear.  It didn't, but prior to setting up my hide I noticed a vibrant streak of red in the sky.  Walking past one of the ponds the sky was beautifully reflected in the still water.  It was one of the coldest days for Cornwall this winter and there was a thick frost covering the ground.  The air was still and the water even stiller.  This was the shot I got - a 30 second exposure with an ND grad over the sky.  It was taken about an hour before sunrise.

As I have already been asked a few times, I will clarify that these were the actual colours of the morning.  Nothing added in Photoshop.  I did run the RAW file through Photoshop, as I do with every shot I take, to make basic adjustments such as tweaking the brightness and contrast levels.


No comments:

Post a Comment