Monday 26 March 2012

Spring Birds at Bissoe

First, a couple of recent night shots... 




And here are the birds...

Long-tailed tit on willow catkins

Blue Tit

Female Linnet

It's been great weather recently, and if the forecast is correct (hmmm,excuse my skepticism), the fine weather should continue.  If only the wretched haze would clear! It's a nightmare for nighttime shooting. It stops the stars from shining as clearly and coupled with light pollution from nearby towns is a real pain in derriere, but I am trying nonetheless.

When shooting the birds this morning I also spotted a handful of Chiffchaffs and sprinkling of Reed Buntings.  Hopefully I'll be able to get some shots of them in the coming days - I think my best bet is to set up my hide and find the locations the birds frequent the most.

Tomorrow I go for a walk with Nicholas Richards, a local of Bissoe, who will show me where the river that runs through Bissoe starts begins, and I'm hoping I'll gain a greater understanding of why it has such a yellowy/orange hue.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome James, I love the 2nd image, how the north star is being held by the tree! looks great!

    Also love the bird shots! nice to see birds so close after that guy said there was nothing in the reserve! did you send him you blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam, haha its was just a passing chat with the guy so I didn't get his details. The last shot of the Linnet was taken real near where he was sat and he didn't even notice it then!

    ReplyDelete