Wednesday 23 November 2011

Birds at Bissoe

What a beautiful sunrise!  For those of you who missed it, I'll fill you in.  It was cold - and let it be known that it was (probably) Cornwall's first frost this side of summer.  Mist rose off the arsenic coated river, and the sun steadily rose, with its golden glow lighting a song thrush casually singing high in a tree top.  

I shot a few landscapes to mark the occasion, and then went in search of birds.  I have had only limited success so far but two days ago put some birds feeders on some trees, hoping to increase my success rate.  And I wasn't disappointed! When I arrived there were a couple of blue tits already feeding which I accidentally scared off.  I had a feeling it would be good shoot.  I set up my hide, and waited.  The birds continued to be interested even after their initial fright but they soon came back and they were still feeding after I left. As well as taken some stills, I did some video clips - I've edited the clips together for your viewing

I know they're not brilliant, but it's progress!



1 comment:

  1. Really nice compilation of shots here and I like the music that accompanies it.
    Good work, glad to hear that the feeders paid off nicely!

    ReplyDelete